Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Kooky Cuces

Is Cuces how you would spell a cucumber abbreviation? But quite seriously, our cucumbers are amazing. I've never grown them before, and they keep surprising us. You just think there are a whole heap of leaves covering some ugly trellis and fence,




but then, whammo! A huge cucumber.




Sometimes they're so good at hiding that they get a bit out of hand. And now they're starting to try and make a break for it.




One of them even tried to peer around the corner of the barbecue this morning.


With one of those every day or two and a salad bed that looks like this:


we're eating plenty of garden food right now!

2 comments:

  1. Looks pretty delicious to me. I read Julie and Julia - yes, 'twas a movie, I know, could have just watched it - and she baked cucumbers and apparently they were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so phallic!! naughty enormous green willys peeping out secretly from behind those leaves. sorry so many willys in my house they must be in the front of my mind. xx

    ReplyDelete